PAD 16 - Introduction to Watercolor
with Jessica Blinkhorn
Only 3 days left to register!
*New class time: 11:00 - 1:00.*
*Please note new ending date.* Class skips Sept. 14.
Learn about the basics of watercolor including working with a variety of painting techniques, line and wash, texture, and value.
- 2 Arches 140lbs watercolor blocks (1 each 5x7" and 9x12") If you cannot locate these sizes, an 8x10 block is fine.
- Winsor Newton Cotman Watercolor Pocket Plus
- Brushes: Liner, Rigger, Filbert (small/medium size), Moper, Round (small/medium size)
- Semi-permanent masking fluid. (make sure it is the kind that is rubbery and pulls up otherwise it is really frustrating to work with. You may need to check with a salesperson.)
- 5x7" sketchbook (bound). The 5.5 x 8.5 size is fine.
- 2 plastic containers (cups)
- T-shirt torn into squares (paint rags)
- Extras: Salt, Alcohol, Cotton swabs, Tea bags...
You can order all supplies and have them ready for you at your class on the first day by ordering from Binders! Introduction to Watercolor supplies available here: https://bindersart.com/supply-lists/11770-callanwolde-intro-to-watercolor-with-jessica-blinkhorn.html
About the Instructor: Jessica Elaine Blinkhorn is a graduate of Kennesaw State University with her BFA in Drawing and Painting and she pursued her MFA in the same concentration at Georgia State University. Following her Master's degree, which she received in the spring of 2010, Blinkhorn worked as a self-sustaining artist. She began working as an Instructor in the arts while in grad school but her first adjunct position arrived in June of 2011 at Georgia Perimeter College in Dunwoody. She continued working for GPC at their Dunwoody and Clarkston campuses until the summer of 2016 before accepting a full-time position as a Middle School Art teacher in Clayton County. Blinkhorn held that position from 2016-2017 but ultimately decided to return to higher education accepting a full-time faculty position at Georgia State University and Perimeter College's. Blinkhorn has a total of 11 years of instructional experience, has been spotlighted on ABCNEWS, is the subject of an award-winning documentary short, was a semi-finalist for the Forward Arts Emerging Artist Award, and has a passion for teaching the arts.
Aug 24 - Oct 19th, 2019
Sat for 8 weeks from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Carriage House, Ground Floor
980 Briarcliff Road Northeast
ATLANTA, GA 30306 Get directions
Room: Painting/Drawing Studio 1